The liver is crucial in maintaining every human’s bloodstream pristine, making it more valuable than one can imagine. This essential organ filters toxins and waste products, helping keep us healthy and ill-free. Unfortunately, one can easily overwhelm their liver with toxins, pollutants, and unhealthy diets and lifestyles. This is where Milk Thistle comes in as a powerful natural remedy. Researches have proven its numerous benefits for liver health, including detoxification and protection from damage. In this regard, it’s worth exploring Milk Thistle’s many benefits for hepatic health. Read on to learn why it’s worth adding it to your wellness routine:
What is milk thistle used for?
Milk thistle is a plant with a centuries-old history of use as a medicine, especially as a liver issue remedy. Its active ingredient, silymarin, has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective liver protectant. Typically, it promotes the growth of liver cells and protects them from the damage of toxins, alcohol, and other harmful substances. Ultimately, it improves hepatic function, enhances detoxification, and reduces the risk of liver disease.
Moreover, many believe the plant has other benefits, like lowering cholesterol levels and supporting healthy digestion, which works very well when combined with konjac glucomannan supplements. While it is a common remedy for liver conditions like cirrhosis and hepatitis, research suggests it may have broader benefits. Here’s how it benefits the liver:
How does milk thistle help the liver?
Served as a standard hepatic health remedy for centuries, the ancient Greeks first discovered the beneficial properties of Silymarin, which is present in the plant’s seeds. After years of extensive research, here are some of the benefits of the detoxifying plant on liver health:
- Detoxification: A powerful detoxifier that helps to remove toxins from the liver. Thanks to silymarin, the organ produces glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes toxins.
- Anti-inflammatory: The plant has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce liver inflammation. Chronic inflammation can lead to severe damage, so reducing it is crucial to maintaining hepatic function. If you are experiencing pain due to inflammation, taking milk thistle together with tiger milk mushroom supplements works effectively.
- Regeneration: Silymarin helps regenerate liver cells, which is especially beneficial for people with liver damage or undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
- Protection: The plant-based medicine protects the organ from alcohol, drugs, and environmental toxin damage. It does this by increasing protein production that protects liver cells from damage.
Best methods to take Milk Thistle
Like most medicinal plants, milk thistle is readily available in various forms. You can go for tea, tinctures, or supplements, depending on your needs and preferences. Of course, you should consult with a healthcare provider before starting any regimen. Here are the most popular methods to take the herbal remedy:
- Supplements: Natural milk thistle supplements are the most convenient and effective way to take silybum. You can easily find liver health supplements at your local health store or online. It is recommended to take between 200-400mg of the detoxifying plant daily. You can also consider taking it together with organic perilla oil supplements to boost overall health.
- How to make milk thistle tea: Another way to take Silybum is through tea. Simply add one teaspoon of crushed milk thistle seeds to a cup of boiling water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. They also taste great with blueberries, which are one of the best eye supplements you can find and can help improve vision and overall eye health at the same time. This tea can be consumed up to three times a day.
- Tinctures: Arguably, tinctures are another way to take the herbal remedy. They are alcohol-based extracts that you can add to water or juice. The recommended dosage is 1-2ml of tincture, up to three times daily.
- Food: While it is not the most effective way, but it is possible to consume it through food. You can add the herbal remedy to soups, stews, and salads or grind it into a powder used as a spice.
Buy Effective Milk Thistle Supplements in Malaysia
If you want to include this in your hepatic health routine, you can find it in supplement form. Look for products rich in Silymarin, the active compound in the medicinal plant that promotes liver health.
Five Ele offers a wide range of health supplements in Malaysia. One excellent option is Five Ele’s Liver Guard Supplements, which contain a blend of natural ingredients, including milk thistle, to provide comprehensive support for the liver. While promoting detoxification and healthy organ function, these herbal supplements can also help relieve fatigue and calm nerves, making them a natural way to support liver health while reducing fatigue and tension.
Questions regarding our natural milk thistle supplements? Send your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
To conclude, milk thistle is a natural remedy used for centuries to treat various ailments, particularly liver problems. With its active ingredient, Silymarin, the plant can protect the liver from toxins, viruses, and other harmful substances. It can also help the essential organ regenerate and improve its overall function.
Furthermore, it is the perfect natural remedy for those searching for an effective solution for hepatic health. Just choose a reputable brand and consult your healthcare provider before taking any new supplement.
Are there side effects from taking Milk Thistle?
Milk thistle is generally safe and well-tolerated, especially if you are taking lung supplements that contain cordyceps or supplements to manage joint pain. However, some users can experience mild side effects, like digestive issues or headaches. That’s why you should speak with a healthcare provider, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking medication.
Will there be complications when taken with other medicine?
The detoxifying plant may interact with certain medications, like blood thinners, antipsychotics, and some cancer drugs. Speaking with a healthcare provider before taking such supplements for people on medication or with pre-existing medical conditions is essential.
Recommended dosage of milk thistle
The optimal dosage of the liver herb may vary depending on age, weight, and health status. Most studies use doses ranging from 140-800 mg of milk thistle extract daily as a general guideline. Following the instructions on the product label or speaking with a professional to determine the appropriate dosage is recommended.